Saturday, June 16, 2012
I thought of it myself one day, making a tweet that said, 'Back from Dominican, time to see good numbers on the meter ' hinting that the entire time I was on vacation, I didn't see a good number. This trend is HILARIOUS, I have found many other type 1's laughing at themselves, making comments about their diabetic problems. I decided I was going to come up with my top ten list (yes, I love my lists!) of diabetic problems... average, daily, diabetic problems and I am not talking about the complications that those 'serious' people want to discuss, I am talking about the humorous ones!
1. your tubing is too short to reach your back pocket for your pump
2. there is no good food in the house during a low blood sugar, so you attempt to 'create' something - usually involving peanut butter
3. you forget to bolus after or before a meal
4. your battery (or reservoir) runs out just as you're about to do something important
5. after arriving home from the grocery store, you realize you forgot to buy diet coke
6. you prick your finger and blood comes out of various spots
7. you prick your finger and the blood sprays and makes the area look like a mini crime scene
8. you accept that your pump will have to live in your bra and accommodate for that
9. you have told your story of diagnosis 100x to strangers
10. you've been woken up at least one night of the week to pee or to have to eat a snack
What are some diabetic problems that humour you?